Supermarkets always come up with these delightful little reminders “By the way, this is what we have in our shop at the moment.” Never mind the fact that you can go in the shop and see it for yourself anyway thanks to bright yellow markers. But, to save some time, I’ve trawled through a few to give you my recommendations for christmas supermarket bargains:
CO-OP (available up to 4th Jan)
- Truly Irresistible Coleslaw – 500g for £1 – this stuff is really nice with cold beef
- Truly Irresistible Taw Valley/Lockerbie Mature Cheddar – 600g for £3 – that’s reduced from £6.19 and a nice big hunk for the Christmas cheese board. My tip get some nice Granny Smiths to have alongside.
MORRISONS (available up to 12th Dec)
- 18 Tempura King Prawns – £2 – laverly with some sweet chilli dip.
- 18 Tikka Chicken Breast Bites – £2
TESCO (available up to 12th Dec)
- 2 Finest salad dressings – 250ml – 2 for £2.50 (trust me, at some point, you’ll get bored of roast potatoes over christmas and crave a salad)
- 2 Finest Chutney/Relish – 220-300g – 2 for £2.50 (for cold turkey sandwiches)
- Sophie Kinsella “Mini Shopaholic” Book £6.49 from £12.99 (Your grilfriend will LOVE this author)
- Cheese selection half price at £3 (including awesome Wednesleydale)
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream – “Better than half price” at £1.99 for 500ml tub (no explanation required)
Enjoy these festive treats while they last – most are definitely pre, during and post christmas treats.